Stahl home

For a closeup of the remains of the wood burner, see the Wellsboro Gazette this Wednesday.

Firefighters from Mansfield and Troy saved the one-story wooden home at 395 Robbins Road, Sullivan Township. A fire began in a shed housing the Stahl family's outdoor wood burner. The fire spread to the house and demolished the bathroom before firefighters extinguished it with water at 2:48 p.m.

Firefighters from Daggett, Wellsboro and Blossburg stood by until they were sure they were not needed.

Mansfield Fire Chief Jim Welch said this is a good time for all homeowners to make sure they have serviced their furnaces to prevent an accidental blaze.

Look for more information and photos in this week's Wellsboro Gazette.