COUDERSPORT — A two and a half story house caught on fire around 2:50 p.m. Friday, July 5, at 318 E. Main Street.

The Coudersport Volunteer Fire Department responded; Chief Bryan Phelps confirmed no one was in the house

“After a 360 of the residence and units on the street, conditions worsened and requested a second alarm assignment to be dispatched,” Phelps wrote in a post on the department’s Facebook page. The second alarm went out at 2:59 p.m.

Truck 48 of the CVFD arrived first and worked to suppress the fire, according to the post.

Engine 1 and 2 of CVFD arrived and assisted with fire suppression. The second called companies arrived and assisted with overhaul and salvage operations, according to the post. The fire was brought under control by 3:12 p.m. with overhaul operations and other responding units placed in staging or covering other stations.

“Due to the fast actions of the first crews in held the fire to the upstairs bedroom, with water damage to the second and first floor,” Phelps wrote in the post.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental/electrical, after an investigation with the Pennsylvania Fire Marshall’s office. The damage is estimated to cost more than $25,000. The house was insured and owned by AJ Kightlinger. The Red Cross has been contacted to assist the family. There were no injuries of firefighters or civilians.

Also assisting was Star Hose Company of Port Allegany, Roulette Fire Department, Austin Fire Department, Galeton Fire Department, Coudersport Volunteer Ambulance Association, State Police FMU, Coudersport Borough Police and additional departments provided cover to the open districts.

The Coudersport Shop ‘n Save, owned by Stan Swank, provided food and drinks to the firefighters.