Congratulations to Ronda Niver, the winner of the American flag pallet.
2019 Summer Library Program: Join us in July for “A Universe of Stories.”
Programs are Wednesdays in July 1:30-3 p.m.:
- July 3 – Moon Landing
- July 10 – Galaxies
- July 17 – Star Wars
- July 24 – Artmobile
- July 31 – Challenger Learning Center
Online program - Check our website at ovmlibrary.org for updates.
Adults, join us this summer for the adult summer reading program. There will be two programs running June 25-July 30.
Six Reading Challenges are available. Come in to sign in and begin your first challenge.
Tuesday Game Nights are 5:30-7 p.m., bring your friends and favorite games, or just show up to join in.
Potter and Tioga Libraries Under the Night Sky will be at Cherry Springs State Park on Thursday, July 18, starting at 8 p.m.
The night will feature special guest presenters: Curt Weinhold, Coudersport photographer, The Night Sky; Jessica Spencer, Northern Tioga school teacher, Constellations; and Bonnie Kyofski, Mansfield University, retired, Storytelling.
The night will end with a laser-guided star tour and telescope observation. Registration is requested. Log onto the Cherry Springs State Park Calendar of Event Page. https://events.dcnr.pa.gov/cherry_springs_state_park/calendar
For more information, contact your local library.
Our next book discussion will take place on Thursday, July 11, at 10 a.m. The group will discuss “David and Goliath” by Malcolm Gladwell. Books are provided by the Potter-Tioga Library System. All are welcome.
The crafting group meets on Thursday afternoons, 1-3- p.m. All crafters are welcome. You are invited to join us.
The following ongoing monthly program events are open to everyone. For more information, call the library at 814-697-6691.
- Book discussion is the second Thursday of the month, 10 a.m.
- Writer’s Guild is the third Wednesday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
- Stitch Together Knit and Crochet Group is every Thursday afternoon, 1-3 p.m.
- The Oswayo Valley Historical Society is open for research every Friday afternoon 1-4 p.m. and the second and fourth Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Donations received from Oswayo Valley School District.
- Board of Trustees meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of every month at 4 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend.
You can see what events are happening and search the card catalog by visiting ovmlibrary.org. You can also log into your account and renew books you have out or put a book on reserve.