Applications for the 2019 Property Tax/Rent Rebate program are now available, and Rep. Martin Causer (R-Turtlepoint) is reminding area residents that free assistance is available through his office.
“There is no need for anyone to pay a for-profit company to apply for the rebate,” Causer said. “I encourage people who are eligible to take advantage of this helpful program, and my office is ready to help file the necessary paperwork at no charge.”
In addition to providing assistance at the Bradford, Coudersport and Kane legislative offices, Causer has also scheduled a series of Property Tax/Rent Rebate clinics at area senior citizen centers. The schedule is as follows:
Thursday, Feb. 13
- Kane Senior Center, 100 S. Fraley St., Kane – 1-3 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 18
- Mt. Jewett Senior Center, 8 E. Main St., Mt. Jewett – 1-2 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 19
- Eldred Senior Center, 169 Main St., Eldred – 9:30-11 a.m.
- Smethport Senior Center, 119 W. Main St., Smethport – 1-2:30 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 24
- Bradford Senior Center, 60 Campus Drive, Bradford – 9:30-11 a.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 26
- Oswayo Valley Senior Center, 128 Lyons St., Shinglehouse – 9-11 a.m.
- Emporium Senior Center, 105 E. 4%5Eth St., Emporium – 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- (Appointments preferred. Call 814-486-3707.)
- Port Allegany Senior Center, 216 N. Main St., Port Allegany – 1-2:30
- Coudersport Senior Center, 165 Route 6 West, Coudersport – 1-2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 4*
- Ulysses Senior Center, 522 Main St., Ulysses – 9-10:30 a.m.
Residents are reminded to bring all necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately.
The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with disabilities. Eligibility income limits are set at $15,000 for renters and $35,000 for homeowners, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits. Also, applicants with veterans disability benefits and/or pensions do not need to declare that income.
For more information, visit /www.RepCauser.com or contact Causer’s district offices in Bradford (78 Main St., first floor, phone 814-362-4400); Coudersport (107 S. Main St., Room 1, phone 814-274-9769) or Kane (55 Fraley St., phone 814-837-0880).