CHERRY SPRINGS — The 68th Annual Woodsmen Show brought hundreds of people to Cherry Springs State Park, located between Coudersport and Galeton, this past weekend.
Top professional lumberjacks graced the competition field and competed in the lumberjack competition. The games included single buck, two-man cross cut, open chain, log rolling, spring board, horizontal chop, tree felling and ax throw.
The Woodsmen Show is sponsored by the Galeton Rotary Club. The profits from this annual fundraiser has allowed the club to contribute over $500,000 to Galeton projects for the benefit of the community, according to its website.
Chris Bradshaw, Zach Brouse, Will Brook, Arden Cogar, Dave Engasser, Tim Keech, Anthony Robarge, Dakota Robarge, Kyle Williams, Josh Wilson and Nathan Waterfield all competed.
Cogar was the named the grand champion of the games with 62 total points.
Below are the top lumberjacks of each event, their points and time:
- Nathan Waterfield, 10 points, 8.09 seconds
- Arden Cogar, 9 points, 8.2 seconds
- Dave Engasser, 8 points, 8.62 seconds
- Dave Engasser, 10 points, 5.01 seconds
- Tim Keech, 10 points, 5.01 seconds
- Arden Cogar, 9 points, 5.80 seconds
- Chris Bradshaw, 9 points, 5.80 seconds
- Dave Engasser, 10 points, 7.01 seconds
- Zach Brouse, 9 points, 7.33 seconds
- Tim Keech, 8 points, 13.14 seconds
- Arden Cogar, 10 points, 19.26 seconds
- Zach Brouse, 9 points, 22.03 seconds
- Nathan Waterfield, 8 points, 22.34 seconds
- Nathan Waterfield, 10 points, 51.03 seconds
- Arden Cogar, 9 points, 1.15.19
- Anthony Robarge, 8 points, 1.19.57
- Dakota and Anthony Robarge, 10 points, 35.16 seconds
- Dave Engasser and Tim Keech, 9 points, 41.44 seconds
- Zach Brouse and Josh Wilson, 8 points, 59.67 seconds
- Arden Cogar, 10 points, 22.55 seconds, H
- Nathan Waterfield, 9 points, 59.58 seconds, H
- Anthony Robarge, 8 points, 120.59 seconds, H
- Tim Keech, 10 points, 24
- Anthony Robarge, 9 points, 24
- Arden Cogar, 8 points, 21