Liberty Soccer

Jackson Brion throws the ball into Kevin Alexander as they hosted the Northeast Bradford team for their senior night.

The North Penn-Liberty Mounties hosted the Northeast Bradford Panthers for their senior night and came up just short after a second half rally by the Panthers team to fall by a score of 6-4.

The Mounties honored the two seniors on their roster during the contest who are Dakota Webster and Chase Person. The team tried to put together a winning effort to send off their seniors, but were unable to handle a second half onslaught of five goals by the Panthers.

The Mounties came out rolling on Thursday for their senior night and scored early and often. Kevin Alexander opened up the scoring in the first half on a direct kick to put Liberty up 1-0. The Mounties continued their first half onslaught with a second goal by Caiden Alexander on an unassisted goal.

The Panthers were able to respond in the first with a goal, but the Mounties continued their first half offensive flurry. Nelson Taylor and Caiden Alexander both scored on unassisted goals to close out the half to bring the score to 4-1 in the first half of play.

The Mounties suffered from a devastating second half, and offensively were unable to capitalize on their opportunities. The Panthers surged in the second and scored five goals to close out the game.

On Tuesday, Oct. 15, the Mounties faced the Galeton Tigers in a 4-3 loss on the road.

In the first 20 minutes, Caiden Alexander scored the Mounties’ first goal with an assist from his older brother Kevin Alexander. The Alexander brothers would prove to be an almost unstoppable force throughout the rest of the game, often teaming up together to carry the ball down-field toward the Galeton goal.

With only eleven minutes left in the first half, freshman Jackson Brion scored the second goal for the Mounties. However, the ball rolled through a hole in the corner of the net causing some deliberation from the refs, that ultimately ended with the Mountie boys getting the point.

In the final five minutes of the first half, Ty Stover scored Galeton’s first goal clean into the net past the goalie Stettson McGovern. This was McGovern’s first varsity game of the season and started his career off with an impressive 10 saves.

At halftime, the score was 2-1, with the Mounties leading. Only six minutes into the second half Jake Cochran scoring the Tigers second goal of the night to tie the game at two.

Four minutes later the Tigers struck again, with Joseph Brumbach scored yet another goal to give his team their first lead of the night.

With 22 minutes left on the clock, Brumbach shot the ball into the goal post and received a lucky roll into the goal scoring once more and bringing the tally to 4-2.

Shortly after, Caiden Alexander scored on another Kevin Alexander assisted goal for the Mounties to bring them within one goal.

With the final minutes on the clock ticking down, both teams seem to kick into overdrive and the soccer-field became a battlefield as they tried for just one more goal. Junior Daniel Lawrence sent the ball sky-rocketing away from the Mounties’ goal just as the buzzer went off making to final score 4-3 Galeton.

After a second half collapse, the Mounties dropped their second game in a row after leading in the first half.

The Mounties, who currently sit at 3-11 for the season, will look to finish their season on a high note as they travel to Sayre for their last game of the season.