WELLSBORO — Council here approved dates for events, agreed to ask for fire police to help with traffic control and agreed to revise an ordinance at its reorganizational meeting on Jan. 6.
The borough will advertise added language to the “Street and Sidewalk Obstructions Restricted” of its ordinances. The new language reads, “No person shall deposit grass clippings, leaves or snow on any street or sidewalk in the borough; excluding those times when snow may be moved to the metered parking spaces along Main Street during snow removal following snow event.”
Council also approved the following appointments:
- Ed Owlett, five-year term to Wellsboro Municipal Authority.
- Jeff Wilson, five-year term to Wellsboro Borough Municipal Authority.
- James Paxson, five-year term to Wellsboro Parking Authority.
- Peter Herres, five-year term to Wellsboro Shade Tree Commission.
- Ronald Comstock, four-year term to Wellsboro Planning Commission.
- Harlan Crawford and Blake Maxson, three-year terms to Wellsboro Zoning Hearing Board.
- Dr. William Yacovissi, Daryl Stratton and Teresa Capuzzo, four-year terms to the Historical Architectural Review Board.
- John Sticklin, five-year term to Grand Canyon Airport Authority.
- Mayor John Wheeler set Saturday, Oct. 31, as the Halloween celebration with the parade at 6 p.m. with trick-or-treating until 8:30 p.m.
- Council set dates for several events, some at the request of the Wellsboro Chamber of Commerce:
- April 17 and 18 as the spring Community-wide Yard Sale, with spring clean-up the week of April 20 on the regularly-scheduled garbage pick-up day.
- June 13 as Family Day on The Green.
- June 14 as the pet parade starting at 1:30 p.m.
- June 18-20 as the Laurel Festival vendors on The Green.
- June 20 as the Fun Run/10K Race at 9 a.m. and the Laurel Festival parade at 2 p.m.
- July 25 as the Classic Car Cruise-In from noon to 3 p.m. on Crafton Street.
- Sept. 17-18 as the Susquehannock Trali Performance Rally, although changes are likely
- Oct. 16 and 17 as the fall Community-wide Yard Sale with fall clean-up the week of Oct. 19.
- Dec. 5 as Dickens of a Christmas.
Council will ask fire police from Wellsboro, Middlebury, Liberty and Morris to assist with traffic control for the events.