Police lights

stock image of police lights

Three Galeton residents have been arrested for the murder of a 19-year-old Hispanic male Galeton resident, police said. Charged are Felicia K. Cary, 33, Krysten L. Crosby, 20, and Kyle M. N. Moore, 28, all of Galeton, for the death of Joshua Ramos.

According to the affidavit of probable cause written by Trooper Kyle Wagner, of the Coudersport-based State Police, someone came to the barracks on Sunday, July 5, who said he had information regarding the homicide of Ramos.

An alleged witness to the crime stated he was at the residence with Ramos, Cary, Crosby and Moore in April. He heard a loud commotion coming from the kitchen of the residence and he said he could see Ramos, Cary and Crosby in the kitchen smashing ceramic dishes, according to the affidavit. He also stated he could see Cary was using a bat to smash the dishes.

Later that afternoon, he said Moore struck Ramos in the head with a closed fist for an unknown reason, according to the affidavit. Ramos fell to the floor and Moore began to kick him in the head and ribs while wearing steel toed work boots. According to the affidavit, Cary, Crosby and Moore also began repeatedly striking Ramos and swearing at him. This went on for an hour.

The anonymous witness told police he told the group they needed to stop, but they didn’t listen. When the group ignored the witness, he took out a cell phone and began to record the events.

After the beating had stopped, the witness said Cary, Crosby and Moore then began to humiliate Ramos. The witness told police the group planned to take Ramos to a remote location of Potter County and drop him off. The witness drove, Crosby was in the front passengers seat, and Cary and Moore were in the rear passengers seat. The victim was told to lie down in the third row seat.

The witness drove to Ole Bull State Park in Stewardson Township, according to the affidavit. Once to Jorge Run Road, the victim, Cary, Crosby and Moore exited the vehicle. The group then tried to push the victime off of the road, which caused him to lose a pair of blue Nike sandals. The group then took the victim down an embankment of the opposite side of the road, according to police.

The witness stayed in the vehicle during this time, according to the affidavit. The group and the victim were out of his sight for about 45 minutes, he told police. Once the group got back to the vehicle, the group discussed concerns of being captured on a trail camera while leaving the victim in the woods, the affidavit states.

The witness drove the victim and the group to Whitman Road in Harrison Township, Potter County. According to the affidavit, the vehicle was pulled over in Westfield, by the Westfield Borough Police Department, for a loud exhaust violation. During this stop, the victim was lying across the third-row seat in the vehicle, under a blanket.

Once they were on Whitman Road, the witness stopped the vehicle and the victim and group got out. The witness remained in the vehicle, according to the affidavit, and the group and the victim went into “a thicket.” About 45 minutes later, Crosby returned to get a pair of jumper cables and ran back into the thicket, according to the affidavit. A little over an hour later, the group returned to the vehicle without the victim. The witness told police that the group told him they left the victim in the woods. Later, they began to brag about their actions and stated they choked the victim.

On July 5, the witness took state troopers to the location of the Stewardson Township area of the incident, where troopers recovered a pair of blue Nike sandals, according to the affidavit. Later that same day, the witness took troopers to where the group told the informant that they led the victim to.

On July 6, state troopers and its K-9, Jack, located a decomposed body in a heavily wooded area near the location the witness pointed out the day before, according to the affidavit. The body appeared to be covered by a gray blanket and partially buried underneath rocks. Above the body were jumper cables, according to police.

Troopers interviewed Crosby on July 6, who gave a consistent statement.

Cary and Crosby were taken into custody in Potter County and were arraigned before MDJ Chris Kalacinski on July 6.

Cary was remanded to the McKean County Jail and was denied bail. Cary was charged with one count of murder of the first degree, one count of murder in the third degree and one count of criminal conspiracy engaging - murder of the first degree. Cary’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. Monday, July 27, in front of Kalacinski.

Crosby was remanded to the Tioga County Jail with no consideration of bail. Crosby was charged with one count of murder of the first degree, one count of murder in the third degree and one count of criminal conspiracy engaging - murder of the first degree. Crosby’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 28, in front of Kalacinski.

Moore was located in New York on Tuesday, July 7, where he was taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals with the assistance of the New York State Police Bath Station. He is currently awaiting extradition back to Pennsylvania. He was charged with one count of murder of the first degree, one count of murder in the third degree and one count of criminal conspiracy engaging - murder of the first degree.

Trending Food Videos