Claims for refunds of the tax paid on gasoline, undyed diesel and/or biodiesel used for commercial farming purposes can be filed with the state Board of Finance and Revenue between July 1 and Sept. 30. This includes the pickup truck used in farming and for which the fuel is purchased within a 25-miles radius of a farm.

Fuel purchase receipts or a statement of gallons of fuel purchased from a provider must be filed with the application.

The receipts or statement must specify the type of fuel, the number of gallons of fuel, and when, where, and from whom the fuel was purchased. Incomplete receipts or statements will not be accepted.

Gasoline purchased from July 1, 2018 to June 30 qualifies for a refund of 57.6 cents per gallon. Undyed diesel fuel purchased from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 qualifies for a refund of 74.1 cents per gallon.

The types of equipment in which the gasoline or diesel fuel was burned are also needed. The purpose for use, license type and number of gallons used in each piece of equipment must also be noted.

You are encouraged to take the time to gather the needed information.

To obtain an application call the Board of Finance and Revenue at 717-787-6534 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Trending Food Videos