Motorists are advised that flood-related repair and clean-up has begun along several state routes throughout Tioga County.
Last Monday, Sept. 13, two separate contractors, Nestlerode Contracting and Susquehanna Valley Construction Company, began performing work on the following routes:
• Route 49, Westfield Township
• Route 249, Brookfield Township
• Route 287, Middlebury Township
• Route 4013 (Merrick Hill Road), Deerfield Township
• Route 4017 (Holden Brook Road/Holden Street), Osceola Township
• Route 4021 (Buffalo Street), Elkland Borough
• Route 4023 (Ellison Street), Elkland Borough
• Route 4001 (Potter Brook Road), Westfield Township
• Route 4007 (California Road), Westfield Township
• Route 4007 (North Road / California Road), Brookfield Township
• Route 4008 (North Fork Road), Brookfield Township
• Route 4009 (Austinburg Road), Brookfield Township
Work includes debris removal, deposition removal, stream bank repair and rock protection on various bridge structures. Motorists should be alert, slow down and expect travel delays.
Work on this project is expected to be complete by late October, weather permitting.