In recognition of March being National Youth Art Month, elementary students in Wellsboro Area School District have created placemats which will be showcased at local restaurants and businesses in the borough.
Each grade level used a different theme; the laminated placemats are being delivered to the restaurants the week of March 2-6.
Parents and diners are asked not to take a child’s artwork. The placemats will be collected the weekend of March 28-29 and returned to the students.
If you are looking for a particular class, placemats are distributed as follows:
- Tony’s Cuisine: First graders in Mrs. Appel, Mrs. Dunkleberger and Mrs. Shaw’s classes
- Native Bagel: Kindergarteners from Mrs. Clark, Mrs. Dunkleberger and Mrs. Shaw and first graders from Mrs. Boyce
- Penn Wells: Fourth graders from Mrs. Mosher
- Penn Wells Café: Kindergarten and first graders, both from Mrs. Lightner and Mrs. Tice
- Harland’s: Kindergarteners from Mrs. Callahan and third grade from Mr. Callahan
- Wellsboro Diner: Kindergarten from Mrs. Ryan and third grade from Mrs. McCabe
- Wellsboro Steakhouse: Fourth grade from Mr. Hildebrand, second grade from Mrs. Brought, third grade from Mrs. Miller, and second grade from Mrs. Freeman
- Timeless Destination: Third grade from Mrs. Starkweather, fourth grade from Mrs. Gay and Ms. Farrer, second grade from Mrs. Nuss, and first grade from Mrs. Mascho
- Foxx’s: Second grade from Mrs. Swartz
- Wellsboro House: Fourth grade from Mrs. Smith, first grade from Mrs. Lohr, and third grade from Miss Palmer
- Sweet Caroline’s: Second grade from Mrs. Sporer and fourth grade from Mr. Cary
- Red Skillet: Third grade from Mrs. Kreger and kindergarten from Mrs. Salada